The objective of this special session is to serve as a convergence hub for researchers and academics working on the application of evolutionary computing and machine learning to both the area of energy generation, production, and transformation with an ecologically-minded approach and the construction of eco-aware machine learning models and algorithms.
The IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (IEEE WCCI) is one of the world’s largest technical event in the field of computational intelligence. WCCI 2020 features the flagship conference of the Computational Intelligence Society: The 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2020), the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2020), and the 2020 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2020) under one roof.
It encourages cross-fertilization of ideas among the three big areas and provides a forum for intellectuals from all over the world to discuss and present their research findings on computational intelligence.
IEEE WCCI 2020 will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, from 19 to 24th July 2020.
In particular, we welcome related to -but not limited to- areas like:
- evolutionary and optimization methods for ecology-aware and energy-aware artificial intelligence methods,
- understanding and minimization of the ecological impact of computing,
- renewable, wind, wave, and tidal energy production,
- oil, gas or coal transition and hybrid energy models,
- predictive maintenance, and
- logistics and supply chain optimization.
Relevant methods and techniques like:
- multi-component optimization,
- energy-aware AutoML approaches,
- transfer learning and domain adaptation,
- probabilistic modeling with large real-world datasets, and
- prediction, classification, and clustering with large real-world datasets.
- Paper submission deadline:
15 Jan 202030 Jan 2020 (submission deadline has been extended!)
- Paper Acceptance Notification: 15 Mar 2020.
- Final Paper Submission and Early Registration Deadline: 15 April 2020.
- IEEE WCCI 2020 Conference: 19-24 July 2020, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Papers submitted to this Special Session should follow the same submission and formatting guidelines as other papers of WCCI 2020. For more information, please refer to WCCI 2020 submission page.
This special session is associated with IEEE CEC 2020. When submitting your paper, go to the CEC paper submission link https://ieee-cis.org/conferences/ijcnn2020/upload.php, in the main research topic select “CDSS-09 Special Session on Green AI: Sustainability and Evolutionary and Machine Learning Solutions”.